Friday, January 18, 2008

The truth may be out there; but so are a plethora of lies peddled by conspiracy cultists!

Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam has this to say today about 9/11 conspiracy-droid religion:-
A few weeks into the fall of 2001, a friend called me from France and urged me to be the first American journalist to report the "truth" about the Sept. 11 attacks. He then sent me French newspaper stories "proving" that no airplane ever crashed into the Pentagon. While it is true that my French isn't what it used to be, I wasn't convinced.

The French have not monopolized this version of events. Not infrequently, I receive e-mails with subject lines like, "Yes, the Bush/Cheney regime deliberately let 9/11 happen." "The Pentagon was struck by a 'hijacked' airliner 45 minutes after two other 'hijacked' airliners struck the WTC," this recent missive continued, "without the airliner being intercepted, approached, chased, or even seen by our air defenses? The Gov't still refuses to release clear video of whatever happened at the Pentagon to this day, six years later??? Why???"

I don't think Dick Cheney, or the titans of capital, or the agents of the Apocalypse, blew up the World Trade Center and killed 3,000 people to further some dark cause. I think the plot was hatched right where we think it was, in the faraway, hot sands of anti-American hatred.

I doubt the truth is out there. I think it is already here.
http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles/2008/01/14/
the_truth_is_out_there____isnt_it/

No comments: